Monday, December 1, 2008

Thought of the Week - 12/01/08

“I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I'm going to learn, I must do it by listening.” -- Larry King

Effective supervisors are proactive in their pursuit of employee feedback. They know and believe that their employees are an important source of information about how to do a job and how to do it better. They do not wait for their employees to come to them with issues and complaints, they go to them and create a safe and positive environment in which to share information back and forth. This can be done either individually or in a group setting. What is important is that it is being done.

When was the last time you ask your employees what they thought about a project or how to improve productivity?

When was the last time you actually sat quietly and really listened to what your staff had to say?

No comments: